cholesterol results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Hey ya'll - I need some congratulatory hugs, air kisses and imaginary roses - Just got results from my latest cholesterol readings - cholesterol 150, triglycerides 156 and liver looking GOOD! Haven't had a hospital lab test in six or more mos so was sweatin this one. I bought a machine where I can test at home and it's been reading about 156 cholesterol, so it's nearly on the mark with the hospital. So happy.

Must be the chocolate, Zazzy!

Hensylee, congrats!

Great job on your cholesterol ... I know that it's hard to keep in check with all of the temptations out there!

Good for you!

Sending "roses" and "hugs" your way ...

Heather

GREAT REPORT

GREAT REPORT

Hensylee, great report...those numbers are beautiful! I didn't know they had in-home tests for colesterol...maybe I'll check into that.

Hensylee-

Fantastic report. You must be so relieved and proud of yourself. I'm sure you worked hard at getting those numbers down and the good ones up, it's not easy.:) :)

Great Report!

You'll have to tell me your secrets.
I've done an awful lot to lower my numbers, but they continue to climb. I'm told mine is hereditary. Seems like they use that as a universal excuse for me. lol :eek:

Ann,
Okay darlin' you got it!!! Here's a dozen roses for your success!!!

@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~
@~~~~~~~~

Oops!!! :D Thirteen roses... one added for good measure!!! hee hee

Ain't chocolate GRAND????

Love,
Zazzy

Last edited:
Congrats

Congrats

Great news, Hensylee. Interesting note about the home cholesterol testing. Sounds like something I should look at...does it give you the total reading only or does it break down into LDL/HDL, etc?

Congrats on the numbers...a reward for your hard work!

Hi Hensylee,

GREAT NUMBERS!!! Congratulations :)

Let us in on your secret. How did you do it? Are you on medication or were you able tolower your cholesterol just by watching your diet?

Ron K

Johnny - the testing machine gives only one total. But it gives me a measure of things so I can adjust. It was a good investment for me. Got it at local drugstore.

Ron, I am on Lipitor - one per day. Tried to swap it out for Red Yeast Rice, but didn't work so dr put me back on Lipitor. However, over the past two years, I have given up most meats - never have pork anymore, very little beef, but eat chicken(w/o skin) occasionally. I try to avoid cholesterol filled foods, but we all need a little to keep our livers right. No cheeses anymore, unless I cheat. For breakfast I have a banana and two slices of toast with no cholesterol margarine. Through the rest of the day, I try to be careful. I read labels and try to pick the lowest cholesterol item. Read yesterday that our total cholesterol mg should be 2100/week. Maybe I just accidentally fell into that category by giving up certain things and now it's just habit. A matter of just paying attention to what you eat and always being aware of the cholesterol and fat factor.

Good Report

Good Report

Hey Hensylee. Wish I had your numbers. Congratulations. See living right does pay off. What a wonderful feeling it must be. I am still battling the high numbers, but I am working on it. I too take Lipator , Dr. just made it 20mg. a day. Let's see what happens. Keep up the good work. Syl:p :p

Back