Bumps around chest scar

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipkid

I'm 10 years post-op now.

For quite a while in the area around my scar right over my breastbone I have small red bumps. Is not elsewhere along the scar which runs about 7 inches long total - the area with the bumps is about an inch long (& the bumps extend about an inch around the scar).

They don't bother me, don't itch or anything like that but I'm just wondering what they are.

Could they be related to the wire that was used to hold my breastbone in place so it healed? I believe I was wired shut (???). Anyone else have this?

(the image photo below is kind of hard to make out)

scar1 with bumps.jpg

I'm 10 years post-op now.

For quite a while in the area around my scar right over my breastbone I have small red bumps. Is not elsewhere along the scar which runs about 7 inches long total - the area with the bumps is about an inch long (& the bumps extend about an inch around the scar).

They don't bother me, don't itch or anything like that but I'm just wondering what they are.

Could they be related to the wire that was used to hold my breastbone in place so it healed? I believe I was wired shut (???). Anyone else have this?

(the image photo below is kind of hard to make out)

View attachment 890405
Get your doctor to look at that, not normal after OHS.

I had a bump after my surgery at the very top of chest closure. It hurt then when I turned my head left or right or when I touched it. Surgeon said it was the wires. He offered to remove them which required one night stay at the hospital. I didn’t
Now, I don’t feel it unless I press on it, but there’s no pain. Also, I don’t see it either…it’s been covered by the extra weight I gained over the years!😀😕

Latest posts

Back