Back from the angio!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I have to make this fast because I'm not supposed to be sitting for long.

I survived my angiogram! And if you think I'm being melodramatic, remember that there was a good chance that i would be allergic to the contrast dye.

But either I wasn't allergic, or the steroids and antihistimines worked. I thought I was awake throughout the procedure, but apparently i fell asleep somewhere in there.

They used a French 6, which meant six hours on my back afterwards, which -- for those of you who haven't had an angio -- isn't exactly flat on your back; you can be somewhat elevated as long as you don't raise your head on your own. I finished two sudokus, ate two turkey sandwiches and took some naps.

For the ladies: if you have cystocele and are facing an angio or surgery, write to me privately for a bedpan trick!

Good thing: I'll be doing most everything by Friday. Bad thing: this doesn't include riding. I said, "If i can ride a bike, why not a horse?" I'll bet you know what the doctor said! That's right -- because you can fall off!

Which, considering that I ride a.) a spooky, occasionally insano Thoroughbred mare and b.) a baby horse in training who walks.... walks.... walks and AUUUUUGGGHGGHGHGH! IT'S A KILLER GOAT!!!!!!", is a good point.

Still... grrrrr......

Happy you had no problem with the dye and that your angio is behind you. Hope the results were good. You 'done good'.

I'm glad that everything went well for you...i hope you get good news!

Back