Anybody want to do a cyber cookie exchange?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

I thought it might be fun to do a cyber cookie exchange. I've been baking since Thanksgiving and freezing the cookies and candies, so here's my tray of cookies for you. Take a few and enjoy! If you haven't been baking, just make up a tray with your favs.

Shortbread cookies
traditional Christmas butter cookie cutouts
Christmas tree spritz
"speedy little devils" chocolate/peanut butter bars
chocolate/vanilla spirals
chocolate/raspberry heart spritz
Mexican wedding cakes (snowballs)
anginetti
spumoni cookies
chocolate fudge
pecan fudge
buckeyes

they all sound yummy...

they all sound yummy...

You have been busy, those are a lot of cookies, this year I'm going to depend on cookie from other sources, my daughters, sister and sisters-in-law, next year I'll be back on the baking wagon.

My favorite, those buckeyes, and of course fudge!

Terry40

Holy cow Nancy!!!

Smart as the dickens, nuturing and caring, attractive...these are all wonderful attributes you have. But you BAKE COOKIES TOO!!!! After reading that list, my tummy is in love with you!!!!

*slowly transforming into the Cookie Monster*

--John

BUCKEYES!

I love those things. I can eat them until I explode.

I haven't done anything for this year. You'd think I had surgery or something. :D

Nancy,
I'll take two dozen of each. Send UPS RED!!! Don't need 'em...WANT "EM! Good thing I don't live close or I'd be dropping by for a handout! They do sound good...and like Ross, I'd explode!
Happy Holidays!

hi Nancy,

I don't know about John, sounds like the "moth to a flame" in the song.
One question, how much sleep do you get???
I have a candy story. Last week I did the shopping. I didn't know there was a difference between condensed milk and evaporated milk, so I ended up with the wrong stuff. What to do? I saw a recipe on the can for fudge and had the other items so I made what has to be the easiest fudge in the world to make. the only deviation I took was that I added two duck egg sized globs of super chuncky peanut butter. Boy, was that fudge good.

Nancy, the saying is that this is the time for peace and good-will, and I want to wish you and Joe many time periods of peace and comfort thru the season and beyond. Take good care of yourself, you deserve it.

:)

Ooooooooh! Sounds so goooood! I'll take two chocolate raspberry heart spritz!
Let's see I have :

Candy: peanut butter/chocolate fudge with pecan bits, cherry chocolate fudge with Michigan tart cherries and just peanut butter fudge with pecans (for me). can you tell my husband loves pecans. Take your pick!

Nancy, you have been busy.. by boyfriend and I baked off about 4 types this past week.. would have been 5 except for some reason every time i try to make roll out cookies (cut outs, etc.. anything you need to chill, then roll out) my dough never wants to cooperate.. this year is no different..

we made:

chocolate chip
macaroons
oatmeal raisin
jan hagles

this weekend is bread baking.. my family's german stollen and nutrolls..

happy holidays

chris

What are buckeyes???

What are buckeyes???

Nancy, I don't know how you do it all! Where do you find the time??

Happy Holidays to you and Joe. I hope things go well for him. Keep us posted on his condition.

Gisele

Gisele, buckeyes are peanut butter centers dipped 4/5th of the way in chocolate. Named for the buckeyes of Ohio and area which are a nut or big seed off the buckeye trees.

Now what are jan hagles, Christine? Gee think of all the delicious things I might not even know about! This could be a challenge!

Bourbon Balls

Bourbon Balls

Got so excited about a cookie I didn't know about, I forgot to offer you my raspberry bourbon balls. Used to make strawberry ones, but they got so popular that everyone was bringing them. So I switched to raspberry with a smidge of real homemade raspberry liquor not just the powder. I'm doing breads this evening and Saturday...cinnamon raisin and cranberry pecan orange.

ok Jean.. you got my attention with your rasberry bourbon balls, never heard of those.. like to try making those if you don't mind sharing the recipie..

Jan Hagle cookie is basically a flaky dough patted into a jelly roll type cookie sheet.. brushed with egg white / water and topped with finely chopped walnuts.. i'll post the recipe when i get home

christine

Buckeye trees?

Buckeye trees?

I can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds interesting though. Today's baking consists of date nut squares, and russian tea cookies. The rest I am buying already made. We have a pie store about 15 mins away in NH that makes extra deep dish pies-no preservatives-real cream, etc. I ordered a chocolate cream and a strawberry cream pie. Thank goodness chocolate doesn't interfere with my coumadin......or does it???? LOL

Happy baking everyone:D

I love to bake. My daughter had her friends over for a gingerbread men bake/decorating this week. One of our favorites. Fun for the kids, and adults too;). This weekend I offer my choclote florentines to you all. Making them today.

We are having Christmas Eve, Day and New Year's Eve. I am cooking all three meals. That was a master challenge to get all of menus together and straight. Now the shopping. My family will bring the baked goods. Won't have the time. Nobody can be that good right? Thank goodness I am feeling well. It would be a major impossibility otherwise. Plus, I enjoy it so much that it would be awful if I couldn't.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

My favorite christmas treat isn't really a cookie, but they are rosettes. YUMMY! I also like the peanut butter blossoms, the chocolate peanut butter balls, the coconut balls, man, it brings back memories of when I was a kid. the spritz cookies were good, but not really one of my favorites. I need to get my kids a tradition of baking cookies and decorating the tree, and figure out a day when we will open gifts. We usually open them christmas eve after dinner. I love family time, it is awesome! Take it easy!

Nobody, but nobody, has mentioned SNICKERDOODLES! So that is my offering to you. Once made them with my two grandsons while visiting them. We all three had the best time while doing them and to this day, one of them has a memory of cinnamon that reminds him of baking cookies with Nanny - one he will always keep.

I love snickerdoodles!!! The only way to eat them is warm....:) Now I have to get the oven going again..... I already did the dipped preztels, "mint cookies" (mint candy flavoring added to chocolate then dip ritz crackers in the melted choc/mint flavor...tastes just like girl scout cookies!!), mexican wedding cakes, white chocolate covered popcorn & baklava.

If I'm going to make snickerdoodles, I may as well make sugar cookies too! By the way, does anyone have a recipe for a "crunch" cake...like the Entemans Louisiana crunch cake?????

Happy baking!!!!

Joy

Joy

I just made rosettes Thursday. They don't last long around here. We also made kringlas, pumpkin roll, almond bark pretzels, thumbprints and various kinds of chocolate chips. Oh my waistline. I also make bonna calda. It is a fondue made of whipping cream, lots of butter, anchovies and lots and lots of garlic. Dip french bread or greens into it and enjoy. Doesn't sound good but if I didn't make it I would be kicked out of the family. I make about 2 gallons of it a year and believe me it all goes. The downside is it's expensive to make and if you go to Christmas Eve services please sing away from other people.

Back