Adam.....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam,

Wishing you all the best for a perfect surgery and a boring recovery. I hope you are able to sleep.

Godspeed.

Adam, hugs and prayers are coming your way. See you on the other side of the mountain. It's great over here! !

Adam,

Good luck. We'll be praying for you.

Have your wife bring a pair of boxers or gym shorts to wear under the hospital gown while walking. Your toothbrush is nice when you're out of ICU along with your razor. Those are the only things I found that I needed or wanted. Mostly by end of day 2 I just wanted to get the heck outta dodge. I hope your hospital stay is uneventful and brief.

There's a Jason?s Deli just around the corner (on Greenville) so your wife can bring you some real food for lunch. The remodeled NorthPark mall is the next exit off Central Expwy and has quite a few good places to eat that she can bring back food from if you get tired of hospital fare.

I found sleeping elevated was most comfortable (laying flat just doesn't do it). Don't be hesitant to ask for a sleeping pill if you need it. Its a loud place and I found it very difficult to sleep until I got home. They will close your door if you ask (both in ICU and emergency). There is one night nurse in ICU who is very loud and obnoxious (Stress on the word VERY) so I always had them close my door. If you happen to have Mike or Robert as ICU nurses - say "Hi" from me (they'll remember especially if you remind Mike that I was the one complaining about the many tubes and the catheter in my "yaya" when he asked if I was read to move to a chair = for some reason that really cracked him up).

Plan to valet park your car (at the main entrance) as Presby is under parking construction and the valet is complimentary. I think they stop valet at 9:00 pm but the security guard will be willing to walk your wife to her car if she asks.

They will kick her out of ICU at 6:30 (for shift change) and finally at 10:00 (I think) = Priscila left around 8:30 so she wasn't too late getting home.

We were able to hack an open wireless network but Presby doesn't intentionally provide connectivity for patients.

I'm sure you'll do great.

Break a Leg!!
David

Best wishes, Adam! Hope you have someone to post for you and let us know that you are safely over the mountain.

Adam,

Good luck! Thoughts/prayers coming your way....

Too bad you and David weren't able to join us when we got together in the Dallas area when I visited this past October. Ah, well ... perhaps next trip!

Lookin' forward to seeing you post after your surgery.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Never settle for the path of least resistance" ... Lee Ann Womack ... 'I Hope You Dance'

Good luck Adam, my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow!! Touch base as soon as you feel up to it, I look forward hearing from you after your climb over the mountain!

Steph

Thinking of you alot today and hoping all went well!! Please keep us posted on your recovery,when you got home,etc!!

Back