St Patty's Day blessins 'n all

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Since all Americans are of Irish descent, here's to ya. And to the real Irishman among us.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

May your neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And Heaven accept you.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire -
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!

Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.
The friends that proved untrue.
Those that have stuck by you.
The troubles that passed away.
The blessings that come each day.

May God be with you and bless you,
May you see your children's children,
May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.

May you live to be a hundred years,
With one extra year to repent!

May there be a generation of children
On the children of your children.

God grant you many years to live,
For sure He must be knowing
The earth has angels all too few
And heaven is overflowing.

What a memory.......

What a memory.......

.....to remember all that Ann. Begorrah I couldn't have said it better myself.

The sun is shining on Ireland today and at last I can detect a little spring in the air. A fitting climate to celebrate the feast of St. Patrick, although many of our Politicians have decided to go help George Dubya Bush celebrate on your side of the pond.

I spent one St. Paddy's day in Nashville in 1992 and was surprised how popular he is there. Y'all still do him proud, probably moreso than we do here. Most of the locals around these parts have just gone to the coast for couple days and those who have given up the demon drink for lent will all have a 'blow-out' come tomorrow.

Then it will be back to work on Tuesday morning with big-time hangovers all round.

'May the good Lord always hold you in the palm of his hand and never close his fist too tight on you'

Thanks Ann......ANY blessings are good, but IRISH ones are always the best. We're not going to the paradein NYC tomorrow, but are celebrating today with corned beef etc. and a bit of black and tans.....well, for Tyce that is, I'll stick with California wine!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO YA'LL OUT THERE, and especially Billy in Ireland.

Evelyn

hi to you Billy on St Patricks Day

hi to you Billy on St Patricks Day

if you celebrate ..have a great day Billy ..if you don't have a great day too
Ann...that is a lovely blessing ...makes me warm and fuzzy!
take care
Scottie

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

I think I'll try that Guinness that Billy keeps talking about just for the sake of trying it. Here's to all of you! :D

Happy St Pattys day

Happy St Pattys day

To all of you. I think we all have had the luck of the Irish because we are all here to tell our stories. Peggy

For Billy

For Billy

From Reader's Digest:

The leaders of the big beer companies met for a drink. The president of Budweiser orders a Bud, the CEO of Miller gets a Miller and the head of Coors orders a Coors, and so on. Until it's Arthur Guinness's turn. He orders a soda.
"Why didn't you order a Guinness?" everyone asks.
"Nah," Guinness replies, "if you guys aren't having a beer, then neither will I."

St. Olafs Day

St. Olafs Day

Ah, once again the world celebrates St. Patricks day and I be the last one to take anything away from those who inhabit the northern climes but take note, one day the world will recognize the true contributions of one who in his quiet unassuming way gave man a gift of life itself. I speak of St. Olaf, the Patron Saint of German Bier (Beer to you colonists).

Yes, good ole St. Olaf slaved away in the background making the worlds finest elixir whilst that rogue in Ireland did little more than resort to gaiety and frolic. One day the world will know the true story of the contributions to mankind made by St. Olaf. So celebrate the green as you will but as you do watch the horizon for the heraldic arrival of the true Patron Saint, St. Olaf of Bavaria!

How this historically accurate story relates to post surgery threads I dont know. Possibly bacause I am feeling pretty good these days. So as St. Olaf would say, "Have a liter mein freund".

Post Surgery thread.......

Post Surgery thread.......

Kinda wondered why Ann started this thread in the Post Surgery dept. Well, maybe she thought that the Pre-surgery folks wouldn't be in the mood for having a celebratory 'dram' or maybe she was just having a 'senior moment.'

As regards St Olaf, Bob......does he have a specified 'day' when our 'Gerry' friends down tools and raise their glasses to him? Must admit I hadn't heard of him before, but if he was the guy who invented the golden brew then he sure deserves to be recognised.......if you work on that one, you could be extremely popular with the Buds and Miller's.....

Les....thanks for the story above. Old Arthur G was a clever guy and his brewery has existed from 1759 to the present day but of course it would be remiss of me not to mention that the oldest distillery in the world is the Bushmills Distillery which is about 45 miles from me on the north coast of Northern Ireland.

Bushmills has been making a very superior whiskey since 1608 and in the olden days each of the employees got a free bottle with their wages every friday evening. The chief blender, a guy called Jimmy maintains that he joined the company at it's formation and that he's been there ever since. He has recently been promoted to the hospitality dept.

As the advertising goes 'Guinness is good for you' and 'Bushmills is the 'spirit' of life'

Slainte......Cheers

Latest posts

Back