Simon "Bonzo Dog" Applegate 06/02/1954-09/05/2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

So sad to let you know that Simon died on Saturday at 4.30 pm. He had deteriorated over the previous 24 hours so that his blood pressure was only just maintained with maximum doses of inotropes, and an echo showed that his ventricular function was extremely poor. I was able to spend time with him with our two daughters, Simon's sister and a close friend. We talked to him, said our goodbyes and hugged and kissed him before he let go and peacefully died with us. He was surrounded by love and died in a way that we were able to share with him and was special to all of us. We know that the surgeons and all the medical and nursing staff had given him every possible chance to live and had treated him superbly as well as supporting his family fully. Also many thanks to you and everyone else on the forum who have sent their much valued support during this difficult time.

Love Linda

Linda Belderson
11 The Grove
Moorhead
Shipley
BD18 4LD
West Yorkshire
England

Thanks, will be lovely to receive sympathies

Linda

Last edited:
Such a brave man and a good sense of humor. I'll always remember his avatar--the green dragon.

My condolences to his family.

How very sad. I know he will be missed. His family has my deep sympathy.

Ooooooh, so sorry to read this, I have goosebumps. Simon was a hoot, I remember the first time I saw his avatar and laughed! He had a great sense of humor.

My condolences to his family.

So sorry to hear about Simon. He shrunk the world with his wit and opened my mind with his wisdom. Condolences to his family.

John

I will miss BonzoDog!

As a fellow lover of Saabs and, I think, kindred in many intellectual avenues, I supremely enjoyed his ruminations and observations when he was bantering with us.

My deepest sympathies to Simon's family and loved ones. How brave you all are.

Warm wishes.

Marguerite

This is such sad news. You have all been so brave and so kind to keep in touch with this family of strangers.

My deepest sympathy to Linda and all of Simon's family.

Deepest sympathy to Simon's family at this very sad time.
Simon was such a neat person, I know they will miss him very very much.

Bonzo Dog was no longer posting by the time I joined but I have read several things he wrote. I really liked is funny irreverant view of things and he always seemed to have an encouraging thing to say. I wish I had known him. I am glad to hear that his family was with him at the time of his death. It is the last good thing we can do for those we love.

Back