Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to say hello & welcome you to VR. It sounds like you are doing wonderfully well in your recovery. Don't overdo it though --- your body needs time to heal itself, so everything in moderation for now. :)

Pat, welcome to our forum....great place, isn't it. My advice, like so many others, may be to slow down a bit on your walking or do it slowly many times a day. I'm six months out of surgery now but at about 7-8 weeks I felt like walking a little over a mile twice a day and it came back to bite me a bit. Nothing serious, just got so fatigued by end of day. Cut it back to a mile once a day and felt alot better. Our brains may be very enthusiastic but our bodies sometimes have different ideas.

Glad to have you here.

Midge

Welcome aboard and congratulations, Pat.

Like others said, follow your body, yet there is a lot of healing going on, so do not push it even though you feel like it. I personally was given written exercise instructions on my discharge from the hospital on how much to do and how often.

Keep us posted and may you continue a healthy recovery.

Back