Nashville updates, up close and personal

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUVMyBirman

Good morning Y'All in Nashville.

Started this new thread for our 'Union' updates so we can keep everyone posted.

Will be leaving here in an hour or shortly there after. See you this afternoon!

Hope ya'll can find a spot to check in with us stay-at-homes. We miss you and can't wait to hear how it all goes. Have a ball. Take pix and post them here.

It was nice to meet new friends and reunite with all.

Our dinner meeting turned out great on Friday. There were 22 of us in attendance.

We all gathered in the hotel bar after dinner to listen to some local music. Some of us continued on from there and enjoyed dancing and great country music at the 'Palace' with our friend Billy from Ireland. Billy's friend can hold a mean note on the saxophone.

Saturday we had some free time to explore the Opry Land area. That evening Rob and Cristi arranged a wonderful dinner for us.

Our agenda was very relaxed and that usually works the best with a large group.

Was sad to see it come to a close. Parting was difficult.:(

We took lots of pictures. Will be getting them up tomorrow hopefully.

Hope to see more of you that could not make it this time around at the 3rd annual reunion, TBA by Mr. Hank

Hank and Michelle, thank you again for creating this great place for us to unite together.

We all love you.
:)
PS. INR 4.6, ooops:mad: Have to work harder on that 'theroy' Hank. :eek:

Last edited:
Kay and I made it home OK. Airports were a real pain. BobG, Janie, Billy, Gina, Hank, Lorraine, Tammy, Perry, Bob Franklin, Rob and Ben and your SO's, I had a blast. I love you guys. It is late and I'm pooped. Reunion details will follow but these are all very special people to me. I hope to meet many more of you next round.

I will point out one signif event and that was Fri. night after our group meal Hank was taking INR's to see what a a few days of being festive did to our systems. Ben, a new convert to the ways of the Coumadin people also had his INR taken and with 1.0 being perfect for a non-Coumadin user, Ben nailed a 1.1. We deduced the .1 was a result of a few soda-pops he downed during the day. Lorraine and I tied for the closest to a 3.0 INR. She had a 3.1 and mine was somehow a 2.9. Go figure.

The tradition of the Cuban cigars continued as well as the general overall waiving of the two drink minimum.

It was good to be with my people.

New Friends

New Friends

To my new friends, Hank & Michelle, Dick & Kay, Bob G., Bob and Geri, Rob thats YOU! & Cristy, Lorraine & (sister & friend), Janie, Billy, Gina, Tammy & (oops, CRS!), Ben & (oops, another CRS!):

I had a fabulous time at the 2001 VR.com Nashville Reunion. I hope everyone had a safe, fast journey home. I continued my tradition of getting lost in the car and somehow ended up on a Tennessee backroad for about an hour, but I eventually got back on the interstate.

I appreciated meeting all of you and getting to know everyone a wee bit better. You are all truly an inspiration. Thank you and God Bless you for coming to Nashville to get together. My wife and I are already looking forward to the 2002 Reunion. Thanks again, Hank for making it all possible.

Hank, during my long drive home I made a decision not to renew my Mended Hearts membership. Their required $27.00 annual fee will go to VR.com. I love you, man!

Cheers!

Hi Perry

We were looking for you Sunday, AM for breakfast. Sorry we missed you and glad you made it home safe.

Tennessee back roads, hummmm. See anything interesting?;)

It was so nice meeting you! Greatly looking forward to the next one!

Take it easy

Perry, gotta watch those country back roads - those Southerners in the back woods are suspicious of 'strangers'. They might think you are a revenooer. Heehee

So glad to hear your shared view. Please keep them coming for those of us who are by the computer waiting to see the pix and reports.

God bless

Hey All!

Hey All!

Just wanted to give a shout out to all of you that were in Nashville. It was sooo great to meet all those there - I won't go thru the list but you know who you are. The Friday Dinner and meeting was super and Hank and Michelle were great hosts!!
Hate I missed the Saturday dinner but made it home in time for some italian food at a local place. Opryland Hotel was awesome, took some pictures of the waterfalls, etc.
Look forward to next time and meeting more and more of those who share this wonderful sight.
I love you all!!!!!!
Tammy

Wow! What a week!

Wow! What a week!

Hello Friends,

Nashville exceeded my expectations to say the least.

The only way one could know the feeling of being with such people is to be there personally.

We had an absolutely wonderful time. Nashville is a beautiful place even though it rained pretty much the whole time.

I wasn't able to beat Mr. Gleason in golf due to being rained out, but I was at least able to watch him put the 8 Ball in the prematurely more than once :D !

I will be posting much more but am at work now and need to do what they are paying me for.

To make a long story short - I love you all and thank you for being here with me.

Hi to all my new friends I met at the Nashville Reunion! Hank, Michele, Dick, Kay, Bob, Gerry, Bob G., Janie, Billy, Gina, Perry, Rob Thats Me, Cristy, Tammy, David,Ben and Cindy. You are all such great people!

I had a wonderful time. It was great sharing what we've all gone through. I enjoyed our little local entertainment we had thanks to Billy and Dick late Friday morning... or was that early afternoon? :D I lost track after that second Blood Mary.

Our meeting/Dinner on Friday was so :cool: ! I want to Thank You Hank for takining our INR's. It was nice to see where we stood after a couple days of partying. Your speech Hank and Billy even had my friend Carol choked up right along with the rest of us.

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting people from all over our great U.S. of A. and Northern Ireland! I felt such a great bond with everyone before, and meeting all of you in person enhanced that bond.

Opryland Hotel was awesome! The waterfalls were very relaxing.
Downtown Nashville (Friday Night) was a real experience, right Hank! :D :D

I'm looking forward to the 2002 reunion, where ever that may be.

Hank and Michele: Thank You again for creating such a wonderful site that where we can come together.

I love you all!

Hank, I seem to remember the valve/graft team of Bob and Dick kicking the butts of the valve only team of Hank and Perry in pool. (and we did it in under an hour)

I guess you can blame that memory loss on your heart-lung machine.

How was dinner Sat night? Where did you guys go?

Dick

101st Airborne

101st Airborne

Dinner was at the 101st Airborne place Saturday night and was superb. Sorry you missed it.

Yes, you defeated us at billiards - but we shall be avenged!!!

Hi Everyone,

It was wonderful to meet you all in Nashville. I sure felt like I made some close friends over the past weekend. I also think that it was special for my wife, Cristi, to meet everyone as well. Our spouses also can use some support, and networking like this sure helps to bring everyone closer.

We are looking forward to the next one in Los Wages, NV!!

Rob

Last edited:
A Time in My Life

A Time in My Life

So, where do I begin? First and foremost, let me say to Hank and Michelle, that without you two wonderful people.......well......I don't honestly know where I would be right now, surgery notwithstanding. But because of you and because of everyone I have met (at San Antonio and Nashville) I can at least give you some (not all) of my thoughts.......up close and personal: (and in no specific order)

* In all my life, I have never felt an experience of bonding and love like I have here. I continually am amazed at the caring we share for one another and how we all interact so wonderfully with one another. Sure we all have our personal lives and trials, but as I observe our interactions, regardless of who is interacting (I must include spouses and significant others) it seems that despite our personalities, opinions, attitudes, etc. it is all set aside and this totally new closeness develops........like we all become ONE.

* We are ALL so extremely lucky to have this forum and the opportunity to create memories that will be with each of us for the rest of our lives. Our reunions have proven that for sure!

* I truly hope that by now Hank has taken off that New York Police Department baseball cap that I gave him. (Hank.......we will have many more rounds of golf and I know the next round of golf we have together..........you'll be wearing that hat. But I will be working on getting you a new golf bag, although I doubt if it will be as multicolored as is your present bag.)

* Ben.........what can I say to you? You gave up Balcony Fun in the 80's........I feel so sad about that.......but I will keep you updated on some Gleason Balcony Fun in an attempt to get you back on track.

* Billy Me Boy! You are as open and emotional as I am and those traits (and several others) make you one exceptional human being. I would have like to have heard your confession, though........

* Gina......my "date" at the Nashville Palace. I hope your toes are okay......seems I remember missing a couple of steps. I guess it was because of the shock I was experiencing being at "The Palace", let alone dancing there. I still cannot get over the hairdo on the singer.........looked like something out of the 70's.

*Dick.......just think if I never made that eight ball shot. We would have to hear about losing to Perry and Hank for the next year or so. Thanks, again for the cigar

*Perry............you need a better navigator than me. When we play golf, I'll drive the cart. I'll give you a few extra strokes, but not as many as I would for Hank and Ben. Can you imagine Ben playing golf in those steel toed cowboy boots?

* Bob Franklin and Gerry..........I'll be taking my "pills" that you gave me for a long time to come. And, my cane and attached horn will remind me that even us older folks do get horny (occassionally)

* Janie.......One of the last things I remember was you saying how refreshing that gin and tonic was on Saturday night. (As I was having my third coke of the evening) I did miss the red boots which I believe would have fit in well in Nashville.

Hey Rob That's Me! By next year your pony tail should be in full bloom...........My last pony tail was in 1969 at Woodstock. If you can do it, maybe I can as well...........just as long as I don't have to wear jeans and boots.

Tammy..........sorry you had to leave early, but Friday afternoon will be a memorable day in the history of VR.com.........and you were there!

Lorraine............did you notice how I held your hand from the parking lot walking in the rain to the restaurant? Didn't want to lose you in a puddle. I hope your sister can eventually figure out how to get out of a car on her own so we don't have to send troops out on a recon mission looking for her. I thought she was missing in action because her smokes got wet.

* We have to work on compiling our "M-----isms" Wasn't that one of our credos upon which we ALL.....repeat....ALL agreed? I think it was Gina's idea. (Who was that lady in the lobby? And then again stalking us at the Opryland Hotel?)

* Hey Ben..........you are a big pussycat! Its a good thing that Cindy keeps you in line........ Remember NOT to call Cindy "HONEY" We all NOW know what HONEY is.....don't we?How many Coors did you have over the weekend. I was a little saddened when we first met that you had no idea who I was. Do you think by the next time we meet, you'll remember me? I'm the one entitled to "senior moments" not you. Maybe, despite what you say, you have lapses in memory because of tooooo many "Balcony Moments" Try a lower level for awhile......it'll clear your head just at the right moment.

And Rain..........although you could not get to Nashville, you most certainly were missed.......especially by the MAG 7 .......no excuses for next year.

We never got to say grace at our dinner Saturday night so I'll end with this offering:

"Dear Lord, we thank you for what you have bestowed upon us. Our hearts are filled with the love and sharing that You have provided to us, by your example and your inspiration. Bless all of us and keep us safe............TILL WE MEET AGAIN."

So Las Vegas is the pick for 2002? Sounds good to me. How was it decided? Was there much discussion?

Dick

Vegas Discussion

Vegas Discussion

It was debated hour after hour. We slaved through the delicate democratic process with much deliberation and then everyone told me to decide.

Las Vegas was my decision. I'll take the glory and/or the blame, however it comers my way.

Hank

Hey Hank, was your decision in any way based on the fact that LV has more "all you can eat" buffets than any other city in the US?

Fr. Gleason.....

Thank you for the blessing and for summing up the weekend perfectly. Yes, my toes are still on fire.

Hopefully not as bad as Marie's ears. Sorry Lorraine, could not help myself. She stole the show Saturday night as far as I am concerned.;)

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound. Can't wait until Slots Vegas.

Hank.....will get the pictures to you tomorrow. Can't find the adaptar, go figure:D .

Senor Bob (er, Senior Bob)

Senor Bob (er, Senior Bob)

Thanks, Bob for your words of wisdom and the dinner prayer was better late than never.

Ben and Tammy, my apologies for forgetting your spouse's names, Cindy and Dave respectively.

Bob, you definitely get to be my designated golf cart driver. I could easily get us lost on an unfamiliar course. Being lost on Tennessee backroads on a Sunday morning wasn't so bad. Bad man-thing to do, but I finally had to stop and ask where in the heck I was. The little gas station was making homemade sausage and egg biscuits. What a trip!

See ya in 2002 in Vegas and 2003 on a cruise, right? My wife is really looking foward to joining us in Vegas. Hank, how soon can you pick a date so we can reserve our timeshare?

The 8-ball stands avenged!

PerryA

Back