My second anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHerrin Hutt

Well, I just realized that today it was two yrs ago today that I had my mitri-valve replacement and almost three yrs ago since my repair. It seems like a lifetime ago since it all started. I have so much to be thankful for. Life is great!:D I just wanted to Thank all for their help and support. This web sight has been a gift for sure. I can't wait till Denver, We had such a great time in Chicago. For thoses of you that have not made to a reunion, You don't know what you are missing. Theses people are the greatest!

Sherrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

HI Nancy , I saw where you all went to Boston for one of the surgieres. My daughter just moved home from Boston after being there for 4 yrs. I call one of the heart hosp. in Boston when my mom found out she needed surgery they were not very friendly& not much help. How did they treat you when you were there?
Sherrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

Hi Sherrin-

Joe had his Boston surgery ages ago, in 1977. He had a wonderful surgeon Dr. Peter Maggs, who was trained by (I believe) Dr, Christian Barnard, one of the pioneers. There weren't too many heart surgeons doing this type of surgery then, so you had to go to the larger cities.

He still has that old valve in the aortic position.

Joe and I weren't married at the time (1977), so can't help you with how the hospital was, but it's so long ago it wouldn't be new news anyway.

His newer surgeries were done 20 minutes away from our house. What a nice thing that was to not have to travel.

For years Joe's cardiologist was at Lahey Clinic. It was a long trek for us, 4 hours plus or minus. And his heart problems became more complicated. So he is now working with cardiologists near us.

By the way, I went to Boston University and just love Boston. Years ago, you could walk all over, it was just so much fun, especially in the Back Bay area. Cutting classes to drive down to the Cape was the best!

Sherrin,

Congratulations!

Yes, we had a marvelous time in Chicago...and Denver should be just as good.

BTW, I'll be down in your neck of the woods in early to mid-June. Not exactly sure of my schedule yet, so we'll see if a stop at your house to see your husband's collection of cars is in order :).

Cort, "Mr Road Trip"/"The Uniter", 30swm w/pig valve & pacemaker
member & newsletter editor, Faith COB = http://www.faithcob.org
"Mr MC"'s Family...& train & models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
RIP = '76, Parents' [my] MC ... '88 MC LS ... '00 "mc" LS
Spotting MCs = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
MC's Future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/

Hi Cort,
Your are welcome anytime. Mike is retiring at the end of this month. Just let me know when you are coming. We will happy to see you. Anyone out there coming to the Ky. Derby. I live in southern Indiana right across the Ohio river from Louisville. Everyone are welcome to call or come vist.
Sherrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

Hey Sherrin,
Congratulations! It is good to hear how well you are doing.

I am looking forward to seeing you and Mike again at the Reunion in Golden.

Tell Mike Congratulations on his up coming retirement also.

Take Care

Hi Sherrin!

Congratulations on the major second anniversary. I'll bet you never thought it would get back to "this normal," did you?

Hmmm, we may be "near" your neck of the woods over the next few years, as my daughter has decided to go to college in Terre Haute. Guess that's over half the way from Chicago, isn't it?

Cool, Sherrin! He's going to love retirement...my parents do!

I'll be in your area either the week before or the week after June 11-13. I'll keep in touch :).

Congratulations

Congratulations

on 2 years!!! I didn' t realize you were just a couple of months ahead of me. Mine's coming up the end of May.

Hi Sherrin

Doesn't time fly when your feeling great. I have just had my two year anniversary a couple of months ago. It's hard to believe it's that long ago now.

Hi Sherrin,
Congratulations on your anniversary.
A few more months and I will celebrate my eighth.
Iv'e been retired two years at the end of this month, he will love it.
The only downside is my wife is a lot tougher boss than anyone I ever worked for:rolleyes:

Hi Rich,
My husband is a workaloic. He gets up at 3:30 when he working and when he off he may sleep till 6:00 if I'm lucky.
Sherrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

Latest posts

Back