Mitral Valve Repair - 8 Weeks Post-op (39/Male)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markp22

Hi,

Glad to have found this site. I am about 8 weeks out from OHS (Mitral Valve Repair) that took place mid-December. I am a 39 year old male who was diagnosed with severe regurgitation about 1 year ago. I weigh in the 150's, extremely athletic playing competitive soccer once a week (90 minute matches) and run three miles 2-3 times a week. All went well and repair was successful. Feeling good now and just waiting for some fluid issues around the heart to go away and some small aggravating symptoms. Back, neck and shoulder muscle pains were pretty bad for me as I am pretty thin and boney.

I'd be interested to hear from folks who are around my age as to their experiences. I'd also like to know when active individuals like myself were back to running and exercising like they were pre-op. I can also help answer any questions others might have.

No matter how much I prepared myself mentally and physically it really hit me day 2 when I needed 2 nurses to pry me out of bed to use a walker around the CICU floor. I continued to grind and stay positive. Here I am. I am truly blessed but without question a life changing experience.

Latest posts

Back