Green tea and Matcha products

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyboy14

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi Team,

Does anyone have experience how Green Tea and Matcha products affected their INR?

I am about to try a new food called matcha soaked oats this week, but was wondering what People's experiences are?

Thank you
tommy boy

Green Tea has been on the list of foods that can affect INR. Matcha is a green tea product. Like many things, I think it is a drink that should be consumed in smaller amounts but not entirely avoided. I have personally never drunk it.......only because I doubt I would like it, not because I would be afraid of it. Try it and test your INR in a few days to see if it made a difference.

Good morning ... I haven't had Matcha since Japan (so that predates my mech valve), however from what I understand to have an influence on INR its either got to
  • have a high Vitamin K content
  • effect P450 (mitochondria enzymes)
So:
1725824540614.png

stuff all in there, as one would not normally see a tipping point into INR until vitamin K approaches 1mg in a day. The other good source is of course

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-search?query=&type=Foundation

which does not explicitly list matcha, but only has "green tea" (which we know to be different in concentration of leaf material).

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/171917/nutrients

It seems a touch sad to me that such a prized and historically significant beverage is being tipped on morning oats, but there it is

1725824828959.png

Yushima Tenjin 2001 Fuji Provia EOS 630., EF24f2.8.

Ultimately (as I often say)"Test and know thyself"

Best Wishes

only because I doubt I would like it
Matcha is an acquired taste (like coffee really), and like coffee varies in what person A vs person B likes in terms of which and what. There is not the equivalent of darker or lighter roasts, but there is the equivalent of "beans" and preparation.

My advice is: if you don't go to Japan, don't do it.

Latest posts

Back