After the ablation...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

I had my a-fib ablation on the 26th and I must say it was much easier than I expected. I was asleep for most of it. I woke up a few times and could feel the "burning" but every time I woke up they gave me more meds and a fell right back asleep. The only thing that was unpleasant about it was the back pain from laying down for so long. I had an amazing nurse named Eric who was young, right about my age who just so happened to be the nurse I had when I had my pacemaker put in. He really kept me calm and was very very caring. It really kept me at ease to have him there with me through the whole thing. I am as of right now in NSR although the doc said it would definitely be a challenge to keep me that way given how large my left atria is and the fact that i was in persistent a-fib/flutter. They put me on amioderone for 3 months to help aid my heart in healing. Im taking it easy for the next few weeks, took a couple weeks off work and just praying that this will do the trick!

I hope that it is 100% successful for you. I will be going to meet with an EP soon about my crazy rhythm, I hope they can ablate my PVCs and a-flutter. Keep us posted

Back