20 years

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyD

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
HI all, Aug 12th was my 20 year anniversary of my mitral valve repair. Honestly I wasn’t sure I’d make it this far. For those about to go in for their surgery I hope this give you some confidence. I have mixed feelings about posting as I know there are people out there struggling. Best wishes to all.
FYI I had an ablation last fall and it seems to have fixed my arrhythmia which I had since the surgery in 2004, I had been misdiagnosed with Vtach. I will mention this community helped me get through the surgery back in the day. Thanks

HI all, Aug 12th was my 20 year anniversary of my mitral valve repair. Honestly I wasn’t sure I’d make it this far. For those about to go in for their surgery I hope this give you some confidence. I have mixed feelings about posting as I know there are people out there struggling. Best wishes to all.
FYI I had an ablation last fall and it seems to have fixed my arrhythmia which I had since the surgery in 2004, I had been misdiagnosed with Vtach. I will mention this community helped me get through the surgery back in the day. Thanks
As someone who has had what (to me) seems like random bouts of SVT for a few years now (random HR increases to 140-150 for 30 seconds to 2 minutes at rest/not provoked) that seems to happen every couple months, can you share what your symptoms were for your arrhythmia/how the recovery from the ablation was?

I mention that it only happens every couple months but I had one period after my valve replacement/aneurysm repair (around post-op week 4, that it happened multiple times a day for a couple days) so I am trying to look into what an ablation involves incase it becomes more frequent in the future.

As someone who has had what (to me) seems like random bouts of SVT for a few years now (random HR increases to 140-150 for 30 seconds to 2 minutes at rest/not provoked) that seems to happen every couple months, can you share what your symptoms were for your arrhythmia/how the recovery from the ablation was?

I mention that it only happens every couple months but I had one period after my valve replacement/aneurysm repair (around post-op week 4, that it happened multiple times a day for a couple days) so I am trying to look into what an ablation involves incase it becomes more frequent in the future.
I’m not sure of the numbers… and for the most part I did not feel the run ups, the docs told me my heart rate was going up to 150bpm andI wasn’t feeling them. The ablation was routine for me but as your find out they are not always predictable. Good luck and best wishes..

HI all, Aug 12th was my 20 year anniversary of my mitral valve repair. Honestly I wasn’t sure I’d make it this far.
Congratulations on the 20 year milestone. If the truth be known, I imagine most of us would have had the question "How long will I make it"........and most of us would have shortchanged the answer to that question. All we can do is live a near-normal life, obey a few simple guidelines and watch our "future" fade into our "past".

Latest posts

Back