Here's my goal for this thread and the poll ^ above: I want to see if there's a correlation with respiratory issues such as COPD, asthma, or sleep apnea and aortic aneurysms.
UofM recently mailed out a survey to people with thoracic aortic aneurysms asking them if they have either been diagnosed with sleep apnea, or have symptoms of sleep apnea. It appears they think there may be a link to sleep apnea and TAA's. I want to go one step further and lump in copd and asthma.
If you have or had an aneurysm, please respond to the poll.
A caveat about the poll: You could have sleep apnea and not know it. Here are signs of sleep apnea... if you have more than a couple, it's safe to say you have some apnea. Please do indicate as much in the poll.
- snoring, especially loud snoring and frequent snoring that bothers other people
- people notice you stop breathing in your sleep
- feeling tired or fatigued after sleep
- feeling tired fatigued or not up to par during the day
- falling asleep while driving
- seriously overweight
I personally think the association makes perfect sense, since it's known that sleep apnea and copd can cause dilation of the pulmonary artery. We'll see though.