Patient survey New patient education video Facebook Twitter www.onxlti.com

Thread: Apex Blockage

Default Apex Blockage

Ross, I did some searches about blockage in the apex of the heart. I found that you had a cyst there, and very few other references. Do you, or anyone else, know what a blockage in the apex means. My sister was told some time ago that she has this. We were talking about vr.com and I told her I'd ask about it because she didn't get a clear understanding from the doctor about what it is. Thanks!
    Bicuspid Aortic Valve
    A-flutter zapped by cardiac ablation
    Mitral Valve Prolapse

Wise I wish I could tell you for certain myself. All I know is that with all the wonderful diagnostic tools used, with my cyst in the apex, it was impeding blood flow to the bottom 2 chambers of my heart. I wish I had a copy of the echo or cath to show you what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Wise I wish I could tell you for certain myself. All I know is that with all the wonderful diagnostic tools used, with my cyst in the apex, it was impeding blood flow to the bottom 2 chambers of my heart. I wish I had a copy of the echo or cath to show you what I mean.
    That certainly does sound like a blockage. Thanks for your help Ross. I'm going to share this with her. I think they just need to identify to her what they mean by blockage. I'm just sure if they took it seriously enough; maybe they did, but they left her with little understanding. She can atleast ask them if they think it could be a cyst or what else.
    Bicuspid Aortic Valve
    Mitral Valve Prolapse

On the tests, they were convinced that I had had a heart attack and that this blockage was a bloodclot. It wasn't until the surgeon got in there and opened it, that they found it to be a cyst and not a clot. My question that I have never gotten an answer for is, "How do you get a cyst in the heart?"

Yeah, that's another good question. A cyst is something like a blister?(for lack of a more informed word).
    Bicuspid Aortic Valve
    Mitral Valve Prolapse

I relate cyst with tumor and I wonder if I have more to look forward too in the future. God I hope not. I've had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    I relate cyst with tumor and I wonder if I have more to look forward too in the future. God I hope not. I've had enough.
    I hope not too. You've certainly had your share of trouble.
    Bicuspid Aortic Valve
    Mitral Valve Prolapse